HIV, STI/STD Test, Counseling And Treatment In Kolkata
Kolkata, the capital city of West Bengal, has a rich cultural heritage, reflected in its art, literature, music, and cuisine. Kolkata is also known for its colonial architecture, lush green parks, and bustling markets. However, like many other cities, Kolkata faces a significant public health
challenge due to the spread of HIV, AIDS, and STIs. These infections have a major impact on the health and well-being of the people of Kolkata, and efforts are being made to address these issues.
DrSafeHands provides accurate and affordable HIV testing, HIV counseling, STI testing, STD testing for men as well as women at conveniently located HIV testing centers across Kolkata.
What is HIV?
HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) is a virus that attacks the immune system of the human body. The immune system is responsible for fighting off infections and diseases, but HIV attacks and destroys the cells in the immune system that help to protect the body. This means that people with HIV are more likely to get sick from infections and diseases that their bodies would normally be able to fight off.
HIV is most commonly spread through unprotected sexual contact with an infected person, or sharing needles or syringes with someone who is infected. While there is no cure for HIV, there are effective treatments available that can help people living with HIV stay healthy and
prevent the virus from progressing to AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome). With early diagnosis and proper treatment, people with HIV can live long, healthy lives.
What are the benefits of HIV Testing?
Getting tested for HIV is crucial for early detection of the virus, which in turn enables one to take adequate and timely measures. If someone has had risky exposure to HIV, they should get tested as soon as possible.
HIV testing can be done through online HIV testing or by getting an HIV test near you by visiting a conveniently located HIV testing center in Kolkata. There are various tests you can consider for HIV testing like the Early Detection HIV Test (HIV RNA PCR Test) or HIV Testing 4th
Generation. HIV Counseling with a qualified medical practitioner can help you determine the best test for you as well as the appropriate course of action after you receive your results.
Benefits of HIV Testing:
1. Early detection: HIV testing allows for early detection of the virus, which can lead to early intervention and treatment. The Early Detection HIV Test, which is the HIV RNA PCR Test, is highly accurate with an accuracy rate of 95-99% and can detect the HIV virus in a person as soon as 9 to 11 days after potential risk exposure.
2. Prevention of transmission: Knowing one's HIV status and taking appropriate measures can help prevent the transmission of HIV to others. The partner of the HIV positive person can undergo HIV testing and check their HIV status as well.
3. Access to treatment and care: HIV testing provides access to treatment and care, including antiretroviral therapy (ART), which can help manage HIV and prevent it from progressing to AIDS. Early detection and treatment of HIV can help people with HIV live longer and healthier lives.
4. Improved health outcomes: Regular HIV testing and monitoring can help individuals living with HIV maintain their health and prevent complications.
5. Reduced stigma: HIV testing and awareness can help reduce the stigma associated with HIV and increase acceptance and support for individuals living with the virus. If you have had a risky exposure, you must undergo either online HIV testing or undertake an HIV test near you by visiting a local HIV Testing Center.
What is the difference between STIs & HIV?
STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections) and HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) are two distinct health conditions, although they can both be transmitted through sexual contact. STIs are infections that are caused by bacteria, viruses, or parasites and can affect various parts of
the body, including the genitals, mouth, and rectum. Some common STIs include chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and genital herpes.
Both STIs and HIV can be prevented through the use of safe sex practices, such as using condoms and getting tested regularly. Some STIs do not have any symptoms and infected individuals only discover them when they have developed major health complications. Hence,
STI testing and STD testing are extremely important for all individuals who are sexually active. STD testing for men and women is recommended at least once a year.
Comprehensive Testing for HIV & STIs In Kolkata At Conveniently Located HIV Test Centers
DrSafeHands offers thorough testing for HIV and STIs in various locations throughout Kolkata. You have the option to either take an HIV test near you by visiting one of our conveniently placed HIV Test Centers or choose online HIV testing. Our at-home sample collection service
(online HIV testing) adds further convenience, making it easy for you to confidentially get tested for HIV and STIs. At DrSafeHands, various HIV tests are available like the Early Detection HIV Test (HIV RNA PCR Test) and HIV Testing 4th Generation.
HIV Counseling, Affordable Tests And Counseling With Experts
If you are sexually active, you must undergo regular HIV testing, STI testing, and STD testing. Being complacent is never a good idea when it comes to your health. Take charge of your health today and get tested in Kolkata at an HIV testing center near you!
For more information on HIV and STIs, you can refer to the guidelines of The National Aids Control Organisation (NACO): http://naco.gov.in/
Q - How accurate are HIV and STI tests?
A - HIV and STI tests are generally very accurate, although the accuracy can vary depending on the type of test and the timing of the test.
Q - Can I get re-infected with an STI?
A - Yes, it is possible to get re-infected with an STI even after being treated for it.
Q - Can I get HIV or an STI from a public restroom?
A - No, HIV and STIs cannot be transmitted through casual contacts, such as hugging, touching, sharing utensils, or using the same restroom as an infected person.