Don’t confuse between ‘Semen’ and ‘Sperm’
There are various amazing facts exists in human bodies. Generally, sex-related topics are shrouded with different mystery, and it is very intriguing. If you are curious to know one thing about it you will get numbers of exciting facts of other entity related to that semen & sperm.
Instance, many of us have the least idea about the difference between Semen and Sperm. People term the word ‘Semen’ and ‘Sperm’ as if they are identical to each other. Here, we will point out the basic differences between these two. Let’s clear our notion about Semen & Sperm and how the sperm produced?
Know about Semen
Semen, also known as seminal fluid or an organic fluid, contains spermatozoa. Powerful stuff secreted by the sexual organs of a male in the form of seminal fluid which is specially designed by the body to protect, nurture and transport sperm cells on their journey into the female body which can fertilize a female egg and it can eventually grow into a baby.
Seminal fluid contains several components besides spermatozoa (sperm). A man produces semen during his puberty. The process that results in the discharge of semen is called ejaculation. It is filled with proteins and nutrients.
It comprises of vitamins like vitamin C, calcium, chlorine, citric acid, fructose, lactic acid, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, vitamin B12, and zinc. Healthy semen shows that all systems below the belt are in good working order.
Know about sperm and how sperm is produced?
We all know that sperm plays a pivotal role in creating a life. There are several interesting facts about sperm which can help a person to understand how vital they are to creating a healthy child. Sperm is small cells live in the semen.
There is a system of tiny tubes in the testicles called the seminiferous tubules. It is known as house the germ cells that hormones — including testosterone, the male sex hormone — cause to turn into sperm. The germ cells divide and change until they resemble tadpoles with a head and short tail.
They are created in the testicle when germ cells divide, grow tails and start swimming around. It requires 72 days to develop and is stored inside the genital tract until they are ejaculated. In a normal ejaculate, there are usually millions of sperm cells swimming around in search of an egg to fertilize.
During ejaculation, sperm is joined with semen which contains more than 500 million sperm and pushed out of the body. Sperm can live for up to 5 days inside of a woman. Sperm count and quality can significantly depend on a man’s dietary habits.
Sperm counts will be more if you will find in a proper diet or also by doing exercise. Every non-specialist should clear information about the difference between Sperm and Semen.
Sperm and Semen synonymous to each other:
- Sperm derives from the Greek word “sperm” meaning “seed” and Semen comes from root Latin word “severe” meaning “to plant.”
- Sperm fertilizes the egg to grow a baby and Semen provides its all support in this process.
- Sperm produced by testicles and Semen is what’s provided by the penis during ejaculation, but production of semen is mainly controlled by two small glands next to the prostate called the seminal vesicles which generate about 70% of the seminal fluid.
- Both animal and plants can produce Sperm and Semen produced by male animals and hermaphrodites.
- Semen is visible to normal eyes, but Sperm is not visible because it is microscopic.
- A man who has undergone sterilization produces semen without sperm cells.