Life’s a rat race these days. Everyone is running against time to compete
and excel in all spheres of life. And in order to reach the top, compromises
with health are bound to happen. Less time to eat, less time to sleep provides
for more time to work. More so with the popular social networking sites that
have people hooked till wee hours just to be in line with the latest trends.
Lack of sleep or sleep deprivation has adverse effects on the body and
mind. Your sex life is also, one of them. So if you are not hitting the bed (for
sleep) on time, your other bed activities may suffer.
● Sleeping less for a long time deprives the body of the much-needed rest.
This results in easy tiredness and fatigue which makes sex difficult or less pleasurable
● Insomnia lowers the sex hormone levels such as testosterone that are
essential for sexual activities. Lower testosterone may also, lead to low
libido or erectile dysfunctions. Men with poor sleep pattern have been
observed to have lower sex drive as compared to those having good
● Sleep deprived people are more prone to stress, depression and anxiety
attacks. As they are constantly tired, the alertness, focus and ability to
handle stress decreases. Trivial issues may cause panic attacks.
● As the hormone levels go haywire, sexual arousal or attaining orgasm
becomes a hard task.
● Low bodily energy can lead to irritability or frustration. And bad mood
is a huge turn-off for sex. It reduces your ability to socially, emotionally
and physically connect with other people affecting relationships in
● Sex is a great stress-buster. So having sex can actually relieve your
stress or anxiety and help you unwind. The hormones released on
orgasm, oxytocin and prolactin, are good relaxants that may help you
sleep better. But only if you have the energy to indulge in sex. Chronic
lack of sleep drains out all the energy from the body affecting your
● Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), a condition that causes difficult
breathing in sleep, has been found to lower testosterone levels in males
in turn, lowering their libido.
● Lack of adequate rest in turn, lowers the body immunity making one
prone to illnesses. And sex during sickness is almost impossible.
Tips for better sleep:
● Dedicate a fixed time to sleep. On an average, an adult needs 8-9 hours
of sleep per day for healthy mind and body. Try accommodating enough
hours of sleep in your schedule. Proper sleep will also improve your
● Switch off the electronic gadgets at least an hour before sleep as the
harmful radiations will not help you relax.
● Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks before your sleep-time.
● Read a good book or listen to some soothing music for relaxation.
● For chronic sleeping problem, consult a doctor.
Shut your eyes and relax. Sleep well for a better climax.
Safe Sex Clinic
ARE YOU HAVING SEXUAL DREAMS?
Less talked about but very commonly dreamt, sexual dreams play an ...