Common Reasons of Breast Pain
Breast pain is common in younger women having menstrual periods, and less common in older women. The breast pain may be experienced periodically, it may last from a few days or several weeks or months, disappear with or without any medical aid.
What are the causes for Breast pain?
Breast pain can have many causes
How to detect the cause of breast pain?
If you might see your doctor, you are having recurrent or prolong breast pain, no test is required if you are younger than 35 years & there is no lump. Some tests are recommended if you have a lump in your breast and older than 35 years of age.
1. Mammography: It is a simple radiological investigation in which low energy x rays are used for the early detection of breast lumps or breast cancer.
2. Breast Ultrasound: It is the imaging technique in which radio waves are used to form an image of internal structures to identify tumors and other abnormalities in breasts.
3. Breast biopsy: It is a simple medical procedure in which a sample of breast tissue is removed and sent to a laboratory for testing. A breast biopsy is done to evaluate if a suspicious lump or portion of your breast is cancerous.
There are many types of biopsy techniques available, such as
- Fine-needle aspiration technique
- Core needle technique
- Vacuum-assisted breast biopsy
- Incision breast biopsy.
How to get treated for breast pain?
- Support your breast by wearing firm clothing.
- Regular exercise and relaxation therapy will help cope with the routine stress and per & postmenopausal breast pain.
- A low-fat diet and the use of complex carbohydrates may be helpful.
What is the treatment for breast pain?
Breast pain easily treatable, visit a nearby gynecologist or physician for a complete evaluation.