If you have been trying for a baby and unable to conceive naturally, there is no reason to lose hope.
Medical science can assist you in many ways to fulfill your dream.
Here are some options that you have , presented in the most simplified manner.
- Intra-uterine Insemination(IUI): The simplest and shortest of all, this requires direct placement of the male sperm into the uterus at the time of ovulation. It’s usually advised for couples where men have trouble getting erections, have premature or retrograde ejaculation, sperm with low motility, or if females have scarring or other defects of the cervix.
- In-vitro fertilisation (IVF): Healthy eggs are collected from the ovaries and combined with the sperm in a laboratory dish. They are incubated till they fertilise to form embryos which are them implanted into the uterus for continuing pregnancy.
- Intra cytoplasmic Sperm Injections (ICSI): A modified version of IVF, ICSI is usually advised for couple who have not been successful with IVF technique. ICSI requires directly injecting the male sperm in to the female egg and the fused embryo is implanted back into the uterus.
- Intra cytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI): Another modification of the ICSI procedure wherein, a high powered microscope is used to observe the sperm and pick up the best one for injection and fusion.
- Third Party donors: In case the couple is unable to conceive with their own sperm or egg, a donated sperm or egg can be used for facilitating conception. In some cases, a donated embryo can also be obtained.
- Surrogate:If the female does not produce healthy eggs or lacks a healthy uterus to carry the pregnancy, a surrogate can be sought where the sperm from the male partner is inseminated into the womb of the surrogate.
- Gestational Carrier:In case the female produces healthy eggs but is unable to carry the pregnancy in her own uterus, a gestational carrier can be sought who carries the implanted embryo in her womb for the biological couple.
Do not lose hope as hope is, what sustains life.
Author: Dr NidhiJhamb
Get your 1st online consultation for free at DrSafeHands
[ecko_button color=”orange” size=”large” url=”https://www.drsafehands.com/checkout/spermcheck-fertility-home-sperm-test”]Check your sperm count today![/ecko_button]
5 SEX FEARS MEN HAVE
Despite all the talk about rights of a female in the bedroom, stereotyped mindset...