Infertility or inability to produce children is mostly attributed to females. However, studies have proven that about 40-50% cases are due to male fertility issues. If the semen contains less number of healthy sperms than required, the male is considered to be sub-fertile or infertile.
The irony is while females require a battery of painful tests to know why they are not getting pregnant, for males it is extremely simple. They just need to give their sperm sample.
Why and when should a male get tested ?
- If you are trying for a baby for more than 6 months and have not succeeded, get it done.
- If you work in hot environments like in a factory or in a hotel kitchen or you go for regular hot saunas .
- If you are exposed to radiations or X rays frequently.
- If you have a history of any infection of the reproductive organs or any sexually transmitted disease.
- If you have taken certain medications like steroids , cancer medications, antifungal or certain antibiotics.
- If you have exposure to industrial chemicals like benzenes, toluene, xylene, herbicides, pesticides, organic solvents, painting materials or heavy metals like lead as they might contribute to low sperm counts.
- If you are a regular smoker.
- If you take alcohol frequently / on regular basis.
- Wearing tight clothing or sitting for prolonged hours is also a risk factor as it increases the temperature of the scrotum hampering sperm production.
- If you are overweight or under constant stress, it causes hormonal imbalances causing a dip in sperm count .
Belong to any of the above categories? It’s better to take action rather than getting worked up . You may have an easily treatable issue.
[ecko_button color=”orange” size=”large” url=”https://www.drsafehands.com/checkout/spermcheck-fertility-home-sperm-test”]Check your sperm count today![/ecko_button]
Suggested Article: 22 Tips to Increase sperm Count Naturally
Male Infertility Issues? Visit DrSafeHands Male Clinic. Consult Now!
Book STD Test Near You : Be Safe!
DSH Wellness A Profile Package
3 CONTRIBUTORS TO INFIDELITY
30thJuly 6.30 am Luke, We have been through a long distance...