Know About Penile Cancer?
Malignant growth of skin or tissues of the penis. This is rare cancer.
What causes penile cancer?
The most common cause of penile cancer is exposure to chemicals. The other causes include sexually transmitted infections, especially the Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.
The risk factors for HPV infection are
- Age: Above 60 years are at risk of penile cancer.
- Having phimosis
- Having multiple sex partners
- Poor personal hygiene
- Addiction to tobacco products
Signs and symptoms of penile cancer include
- Reddish, velvety rash & irritation.
- Growth or lump bluish-brown growths on the penis.
- Foul smelly discharge.